Inside: Get a easy recipe for 4 ingredient protein balls which might be nice in lunchboxes or as a fast snack or dessert.
The dilemma: Everybody desires one thing fast to seize and eat. You’d like that one thing to offer diet, particularly for rising youngsters.
Round right here, I remedy this by having some type of selfmade snack bar or chew readily available, which may rapidly pinch-hit for breakfast, a lunchbox deal with, straightforward wholesome snack, or perhaps a satisfying two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making these no bake power bites for a very long time, normally as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I usually have all the easy components in my pantry, and maintaining a “little one thing” like this round tends to make my week a bit simpler.
I believe these no bake power balls style a bit like peanut butter cookie dough. In addition they remind me of the peanut butter Good Bar (however value so much much less!). Right here’s the straightforward recipe.
Elements in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter: I take advantage of creamy pure peanut butter, that’s made with solely peanuts and salt. It’s also possible to use almond butter or cashew butter as a substitute.
- Oats: I just like the chew of old style rolled oats, however you should use fast oats as nicely.
- Powdered milk: Discover this within the baking aisle. The type at my retailer is nonfat. This offers added texture to the power bites.
- Honey: You possibly can swap this for pure maple syrup for those who favor.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Protein Balls
Mix all components in a medium mixing bowl and stir nicely. (You don’t want a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination appears too dry to roll into balls, add a bit little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle at a time, till it’s the best consistency. If it’s too moist, add a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is a bit sticky while you’re rolling it, having barely moist fingers could make this simpler.
When you’d like so as to add chocolate chips, stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, which I believe work finest with these bites.
I like to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct quantity, then use your fingers to roll them into balls. You possibly can put them place on a baking sheet as you’re making them or straight right into a sealed container. I get about 12 snack bites with one recipe, 24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made by evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I hold it in my pantry to make Home made Sizzling Cocoa Combine. It’s also possible to add it to recipes to provide some further calcium and protein, equivalent to:
What can I take advantage of in addition to powdered milk?
When you don’t have powdered milk, you can even use protein powder (equivalent to vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (equivalent to PB2) as a substitute.
Can I take advantage of maple syrup as a substitute of honey?
Sure, simply swap the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make these vegan?
To make these peanut butter power balls vegan, swap out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder, sweeten them with maple syrup as a substitute of honey, and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do these bites have?
Every of those 4-ingredient protein balls comprises about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my checklist of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer these 4 ingredient protein balls?
Maintain these protein balls in an hermetic container. You possibly can hold them at room temperature, however I believe they style finest saved within the fridge. They’re finest eaten inside per week or so.
Different concepts for swaps & substitutions
- Swap a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds, floor flax seed, or hemp seeds for further wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as a substitute of peanut butter to make these nut-free and peanut-free (verify labels on all different components to be secure)
- Swap chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate power bites
- Commerce mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all components. (f the consistency is not fairly roll-able, add extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the best texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Non-obligatory: Add 2-3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
Serving Dimension: 1 ball
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 106Complete Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Extra Recipes for Snack Bars and Snack Bites